Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A poem.

Frank O’Hara
Anxiety



I'm having a real day of it.

There was
something I had to do. But what?
There are no alternatives, just
the one something.

I have a drink,
it doesn't help – far from it!
I
feel worse. I can’t remember how
I felt, so perhaps I feel better.
No. Just a little darker.

If I could
get really dark, richly dark, like
being drunk, that’s the best that’s
open as a field. Not the best,

but the best except for the impossible
pure light, to be as if above a vast
prairie, rushing and pausing over
the tiny golden heads in deep grass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope you feel better soon

Anonymous said...

no dont do this !
you wont be pessimistic.Nobody's life is perfect in everyday but everybody's life is perfet in some way.Just motivate yourself and belive that everything will be ok ,
close your eyes and think that you are unique!! and nobody will hurt you , love yourself
whenever you look in the mirror , smile yourself ;) FEEL BETTER